My S.O doesn’t even like dried tomatoes and he loved this. You will too!
- your favorite pasta, I used quinoa penne for a twist.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 jar sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 tbsp water
- 3-4 tbsp pine nuts (you can sub sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
1. Start your pasta boiling. Place garlic cloves, pine nuts and salt in food processor, pulse until ground. Add in the basil and process until everything is finely shredded.
2. Keep the food processor running, then add the olive oil, 7-8 sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast and water Process until smooth. You can add a little more water to get it smoother if you like, but don’t add too much.
3. Season this mixture with black pepper and crushed red pepper, then mix with a spoon. Add more salt if you wish.
4. Drain your pasta, then toss with pesto in a large bowl.
4. Julienne 3-4 (or as many as you like) extra sun dried tomatoes, and toss in just before serving.