Comforting, savory, fragrant. Really fulfills the body’s need for something green and earthy.
- 4 zucchini, coarsely shredded (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons earth balance
- 2 bunches arugula, finely shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the zucchini in a dry dish towel and wring out all the excess moisture; dry the squash carefully with a dry towel.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter; add in the zucchini; stir for 2 minutes
- Add in the arugula and continue stirring for another minute or two
- Add in the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir until combined
- Taste for seasoning and adjust; serve immediately.