Nick’s favorite quick breakfast to make. It’s savory, a little bit oily and creamy. If you do it just right, the onions are tender, but crisp. It is a satisfying, fruity and spicy dish. Avocados are fruit, after all, so they are a great breakfast choice.
Rye Bread or stiff, whole grain bread
Avocado oil (no substitutes!)
1 ripe Avocado, cubed
1 jalapeno, veins and seeds removed, then diced
1/2 small onion, diced
Red chili flakes
Salt/pepper to taste
- Throw a few loops of oil in a shallow pan on medium-low
- Add onion, jalapeno and sautée until they become translucent
- Toast the bread
- Add avocado, a little more oil, and the spices
- season with salt/pepper, drizzle lime juice while pan is still hot
- top the toast with the avocado mixture and enjoy!