I discovered this simple, yet ingenious recipe by chance. It turned out just as delicious as I thought it would be! My twist on it is to add raisins and maple syrup at the end. It was hard to take this photo because I had to hold off on eating it!
Recipe found at Family Feedbag. All credit goes to Amy Bronee.
- 1 apple, cored and chopped (skin on)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oats (instant or old-fashioned both work fine)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan
- Add the oats, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Adjust heat to low and simmer oatmeal for 2-3 minutes, or until oatmeal is fully cooked
- Serve with soymilk and brown sugar