The lovely Reia at The Cruelty-Free Review nominated me for One Lovely Blog. Thank you!
7 Facts About Me:
- If I could do anything, I’d be a documentary film maker.
- I triggered my hereditary allergies because of over-obsessive cleaning. (See: dust)
- If I had to give up food or tea, it would be food.
- I love birds and have the binoculars, books and feeders to prove it.
- I don’t tell people I’m vegan unless they specifically ask. I’ve noticed how saying “I’m vegan,” makes others feel I’m in an elitist club that they aren’t a member of, so I avoid it. Most people don’t notice what I eat anyway, and if they do, I explain that I don’t eat meat, dairy or eggs, and most don’t draw any conclusions. (I live in Florida, ok?)
- I didn’t go to any parties in college because I took it too seriously. I don’t recommend doing that.
- I am not a keeper of “stuff”, therefore I am entirely clutter-free! It’s like the opposite of hoarding.
I am nominating (in no particular order):
Professional writer and foodie based in Portland, OR. Fabulous recipes and syndicated articles. I am not worthy.
This site is a trip! Every time you find a recipe you love, you stumble across 5 more to love. (You’ll end up bookmarking everything.) I can personally vouch that everything I’ve tried is delicious.
I’ve made 4 meals from this helpful, frugality-based site in the last week. Every one was a winner. Try the yellow rice. I’ll be coming back to this site more and more.
Though I’m not a member of their target audience, I love this site for its clean look, cute graphics and visual instructions. I recommend the coconut cafe mocha recipe.
Another famous blog which earned my respect for perfecting the vegan lemon meringue pie. Yes, really. You can also learn to make your own sausage here.
Sunny photos, attitude and scrumptious recipes! Your mouth will be watering. She does a lot of fantastic things with my dear, beloved avocado.
Verdant site design and redolent photos. You will enjoy this blogger and his nommy baked goods.
The cute name is an attention-getter and gives you a sense of homey-ness. Fabulous recipes and humorous writing.
On the other side of the pond, this blogger is cooking and baking simple, homestyle fare. Immaculate photography.
South Florida sense of humor and whimsy. You’ll love her quips and hilarious comments. I must also mention that the food is divine.
Great blog that gives you a welcoming sense of friendship and warmth. You’ll want to meet Mike, and if you do, hopefully he’ll cook for you because he is a marvel in the kitchen.
Raw Foodie-Central based in the Snowdonia Mountain Range in Wales. Maybe you can’t go there, but you can always live vicariously through the super-healthy recipes and photos.
Sweet Atlanta-based couple that you just want to invite over for lunch. Actually, you’d better let them invite you over so you can play with their greyhounds and eat the delightful things that come out of their kitchen. Also, zombies.
Blogger from Brussels. Super sweet, and knows good food and travel. Her blog is not all vegan, but her dishes are all-inspiring.
Quirky sense of humor and indulgent vegan food. Good break from the more preachy sites out there. I enjoy this blog when I need a little snark.
The Rules of One Lovely Blog:
• Link back to the blogger who nominated you
• Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere
• Share 7 facts about yourself
• Nominate 5-15 other blogs you like for this award (last time it was 5, this time it’s 15…so do what you can.)
• Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated