I came into a free bag of Bob’s Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix. Cute name, cute mix with adorable alphabet pasta bits. A little goes a ridiculously long way. I still have most of the bag left and I’ve made this twice, which yielded massive leftovers. The method for making this is fairly laid back.
- Soften a handful of chopped onion and a few minced garlic cloves in your large soup pot with some olive oil
- Heat 1 part soup with 4 parts water, then add any seasonings you’d like (I added a bay leaf)
- Boil and bring to a simmer on medium for an hour
- Halfway through cooking add fresh vegetables. I added chopped carrots and torn spinach
- At the tail end I added some lemon juice and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Ring the dinner bell.