Thanks to Christie from TurningVeganese, I get to participate in this fun blog relay. I’ve tracked back all the tasty goodies and discovered a lot of great recipes. Though my recipe below is not a culinary masterpiece, it’s something that I eat quite often with great enjoyment.
Frugal Salad: 3-4$, serves 2
What you’ll need:
- Mixed greens, romaine /raddichio mix is my favorite
- Chopped jicama, shredded carrots and tomato wedges.
- Super firm Tofu seasoned with dark soy sauce, (from Asian market) garlic powder and onion powder, then sauteed lightly on both sides. You can season and fry in the pan, no need to marinate.
- Prepared rotini or sea shell pasta
- Annie’s Goddess Dressing or your favorite lemony or mustardy dressing ( try mixing to-taste: olive oil, salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar, mustard and agave nectar.)
Prepare your tofu, cut into pieces, then toss everything together in a big bowl, dressing included. I toss my dressing through the salad thoroughly for total distribution because I am not a philistine who globs it on all spotty-like.
I shall now tag the following 3 bloggers for this relay:
I love all these blogs so much! I can’t get too involved with my descriptions today because I’m feverishly packing the house up in anticipation of our big move! But just know that I nominated you because I heart you.