Vegan cookies can easily turn out hard as a rock, too soft or not browned, but I solved those issues.
Flipped over to demonstrated the nice brown-ness.
Makes 12-16 cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain sugar
- 2/3 cup safflower oil or canola
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (use a high quality vanilla!! Seriously!)
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together sugars, oil, milk and tapioca (or cornstarch) in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Then work in the chocolate chips. Push them into the dough if you have to.
- Roll the dough into small balls, then flatten them out in your hands into cookie-shaped discs (because these won’t go from the ball form to the flat form in the oven like the non vegan kind, so you have to do that with your hands before they go in the oven. Trust me, don’t leave them in little ball shapes.)
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
- Take them out, cool and eat!