Yum! This is supposed to be a drink to help you feel better when you’re under the weather with a cold, but I haven’t been ill in years. That didn’t stop me from trying this refreshing, fruity drink! The dominant flavor is fresh squeezed orange and the background flavor is nice, green parsley. You don’t need a juicer, just a few cheap ingredients and either a fine mesh strainer or a cheese cloth. I take no credit for this recipe.
Green Tonic (From the blog Mostly Foodstuffs)
makes 1 large serving
- 1-inch ginger, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 meyer lemon
- juice of 1 orange
- large handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- carbonated water
- Place the ginger, citrus juice, parsley and maple syrup in a blender, and puree until smooth and dark green.
- If using cheesecloth: Pour through a cheesecloth-lined strainer, squeezing to extract all the possible juice from the pulp.
- If using fine mesh strainer: pour through mesh a little at a time, pressing down on the pulp until pulp is dry. Continue until all pulp has been pressed.
- Pour into a glass with ice, and top off with seltzer.