A little diversion from our standard weekend breakfast of tofu scramble – based on an ovo-lacto breakfast I read about which was comprised of: broth-cooked quinoa, avocado cubes, eggs and sriracha. This twist on our usual feels complete with the addition of the grains. It can also be wrapped into a tortilla or collard leaf. Enjoy.
The Pieces (serves 2):
- One batch of your favorite tofu scramble for two (tofu scrambles are very personal. But you can use ours. Or our other improved version.)
- 1 cup of quinoa cooked in veggie broth – add a little olive oil or earth balance at the end. (the 1 cup of quinoa is the measurement after its cooked, btw.)
- 12 oz baby bellas. sauteed with Earth Balance and a little salt until nice and soft – or go even further and brown them.
- One avocado, cubed
- One Finely diced Shallot
- One seeded, minced fresh jalepeno (remve veins/seeds before mincing)
- As many diced baby tomatos as you want
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Your favorite chopped herb (I used cilantro)
- Lemon slices, and a little fresh lemon juice on the side to add to bowl
- Combine sauteed mushrooms, jalepeno,tomato, chopped shallot, lemon juice to taste and cubed avocado to the HOT cooked quinoa. Mix well.
- Place quinoa mixture in bottom of two bowls
- Top with tofu scramble, herbs, and slather with hot sauce. (wrap this in collards or tortillas if thats how you’re doing it.)
- Stir it all up and Eat! (Or leave as it is in layers and eat.)