From the Epicurean Vegan! A lovely Vegan Party Cheese Ball that incorporates bell peppers and pimentos.
Price: Kinda spendy because of the nuts and special cheeses. $9-12 depending on where you live. Serves about 5 people if they fill up 3-4 crackers or toasts.
Since I used her recipe exactly, I will link directly to her post. This is a fantastic, veggie-flavored cheese ball, (think pimentos and bell pepper flavor.) It’s perfect for a wine tasting or holiday get-together. I take no credit whatsoever. Dee-licious! (I only changed the shredded cheese brand to be totally vegan.)
I served this cheese ball with those little “toasts” pictured. They are so good. I found them at New Seasons. 🙂 Cheers!
- 12-oz vegan cream cheese (toffuti or daiya or follow your heart)
- 2 1/2 C vegan shredded cheese, cheddar flavor
- 2Tbs pimento, chopped
- 2 Tbs green pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbs onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce (Wizard brand is vegan)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 C walnuts, chopped
Note: If you’re not a huge fan of walnuts, I recommend rolling this ball in breadcrumbs and/or sage, rosemary and thyme – OR slivered almonds. The walnuts can be so strong that they detract from the flavor of the cheese ball entirely. I have to say that I preferred it with a combo of slivered almonds and herbs.
- Combine vegan cream cheese and vegan cheddar in food processor, just to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients except walnuts and mix well.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill overnight.
- Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts.
- Serve with crackers and wine, and enjoy!!!