Full disclosure: this is just the “Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies” recipe that comes with a carton of Quaker Oats, only with an egg replacer and non- dairy butter. The taste of childhood….without the animal products.
- 1 stick Earth Balance (1/2 cup) plus 6 Tbs
- 3/4 Cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cups white sugar
- Egg replacer to equal 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat Earth Balance and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add egg replacer and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.